Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas in Vermont



For Christmas, my family decided to focus less on family gifts and more on family activities; as a result, we went to the Nutcracker, wrote and illustrated a Nativity book, built a snowman, made ice-cream sundaes, went to dinner together at Fire & Ice, and had a rambunctious sledding party. Needless to say, we created lots of memories. The following are some Christmas, 2007 memories:

Travis, Mandy, and nephew Jackson at the Nutcracker.

The kids were a little upset when they found out that there was no on stage dialogue. Overall, we had a great time, even if Amy ended the performance by stating, "I'll never do that again." We would like to believe that we have an appreciation of the arts in the Chesley-Park family, but apparently our appreciation of the arts excludes the Nutcracker.





Travis, Bridger, and Carly on the sled.

Sledding was a hit. Who doesn't have fun over tailbone breaking jumps, thistles and thorn cushioned crashes, and dangerous sled pile-ups?



Travis, Mamie, Mandy, Michael, Martha, Amy, Grandma Chesley (middle), Carly, Bridger, Jackons.

Dinner at Fire & Ice was another big hit. There were rounds of Shirley Temples and shrimp.



We had such a wonderful Christmas in snowy Vermont, and it has truly been snowy! Today I am working on the site again because snow upon snow is piling outside. School was cancelled for Travis (3rd time in the last two months). I had forgotten how wonderful New England is in the winter.


10 comments:

Messimoo said...

Hello! I miss you!

Julia M. said...

You are so articulate! The way you describe sledding--of course I want to go! I am glad you had such a great Christmas. The only reason Ben will go with me to the Nutcracker is to see the dancing rats. I love going! :)

Shantell said...

I love that picture of you! It is beautiful! Looks like you had an amazing christmas :)

Shaunte' said...

Mandy!It's been so long since we've caught up. I am sooo glad you have a blog now, I can check up on ya. We have a blog too! mattandshauntesmith.blogspot.com. You'll have to come visit us there! We are so glad ya'll are loving Vermont and getting to spend lots of fun time with your family! We miss ya'll!

Elizabeth said...

How fun to find you have a blog! I found you from Jessica Peck's page. Hello from Utah!

Shantell said...

We need an update!

Messimoo said...

More, more, I want more!!!!!

Leslie & Matt said...

You've been tagged, so go to my blog & see what you have to do! :)

I KNOW you can do it, I have faith in you!!

Cass and Craig said...

you need to start blogging again!

Cass and Craig said...

Update you blog